Monday, February 20, 2012

The downside...and upside of life

Yes, life is AMAZING. But lately, I don't know...it hasn't been as good as people make it seem. I mean I've had some really good moments this past week, but you know, to tell you the truth...a lot of it has been horrible. Just downright pitiful and I've hated this whole week. I will say, I was glad of some things that happened, but for the most part, I hated it. I don't mean to sound all depressed or anything, I just thought that since I haven't really done a "downer" post, I may as well do one and get it over with...especially since I've been feeling like crap the whole week. Sometimes you need the bad quotes to make you feel better and remember the good things you have. Like after I read through some of these I was reminded about how my old director asked me this week to be his assistant director for his new play. That's one of the biggest things that happened to me, and was probably the best. So, I hope these also remind you of the good things in your life. Yes, life sucks...but it sucks just so we can look for the good things, which takes lots of talent. Believe me! So here I have some quotes about hating life and pretty much sucking, and then some more uplifting quotes about life being what you make it. Hope you like at least one of these quotes! :)


"Some of us are just trying to get through the day without falling apart." -Unknown


"Behind the smile is a hurting heart. Behind my laugh I'm falling apart. Look closely and you will see, the girl I seem --isn't me." -(I'm not sure who said this originally, but I heard somebody say this once)


"I have had just about all I can take of myself." -S.N. Berhman


"More and more, it feels like I'm doing a really bad impersonation of myself." -Chuck Palahniuk


"Ask me how I am, I'm going to tell you I'm fine. Ask me what's wrong and I may start to break down. Something happens when you ask these two questions. The first one, I can take and pretend like I'm okay. But when you already know something is wrong, I can't help but start to relive the moment, and break down all over again. There's no way I can hide that, no matter how hard I try and I'm forced to tell you what's really going on." -Alissa Lopez


"Holding on is tough, much tougher than letting go or simply quitting." -Unknown


"I hate tears. I hate fighting. I hate life at its most right now." -Unknown (haha this one I don't like as much but decided to put on nonetheless.)


"Sometimes I hate life so much, but I try to still smile as much as I can." -Unknown


"I have found that if you love life, life will love you back." -Arthur Rubinstein


"Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're livin'? -Bob Marley


"You have to take risks. We only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen." -Paulo Coelho


"Life is interesting...in the end, some of your greatest pains, become your greatest strengths." -Drew Barrymore


"The difference between life and the movies is that a script has to make sense, but life doesn't." -Joseph Mankiewicz


"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in rain." -Unknown


"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, love like you'll never be hurt, sing like there's nobody listening, and live like it's heaven on earth." -William W. Purkey


"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." -Unknown

2 comments:

  1. I love the quotes; I actually just borrowed one. No need to worry I didnt do plagiarism because i put your name.

    ReplyDelete