Monday, June 27, 2011

Growing Up quotes...even if we don't want to grow up yet. like me! :P

"Aw, who cares if I'm a teen! Inside I'm still that little girl learning to ride her bike. I'm still that girl that loves dancing in the rain in a skirt. I am still that little gal who will belt out the lyrics of a song in the car, even if I can't carry a tune. I am still that gal who loves recess. I'm that gal that loves dressing up like mommy and wearing all her makeup. That little girl is me, but trapped in a teen's body. She will never grow up!" -Alissa Lopez
"Sometimes I wish I could go back to the days when I was 6and my biggest problem was what kind of dress to put on my Barbies or whether or not I had enough Lego's to build a fort." -Unknown
"Remember when you thought boys had cooties...when friends were new, dreams were un-shattered and worries few...when recess was too short and life was too long...decisions came easily without need to belong...when storks delivered the babies and passions weren't so strong...friendships were un-broken...right was right, and wrong was wrong...when bad things didn't happen...when only skinned knees brought tears and the night light in it's socket quieted all our fears...when farewell meant just for summer and real friends didn't part...the fun went on forever and never left a broken heart." -Unknown
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw
"As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back." -Unknown
"Too many people grow up. That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up. They forget. They don't remember what it's like to be 12 years-old. They patronize, they treat children as inferiors. Well I won't do that." -Walt Disney
"When is the age or even the moment when you go from being kids to being something else? People say that we're growing up too fast today. Sometimes adults make it sound like it's our fault or at least our choice, but how can we not? We feel invincible, we know so much. One thing I do know is that we're so eager to lose our innocence and I wonder if one day, we'll look back and wish we hadn't." -Unknown
"I wish I never grew up! I want to be little again, and I wasted my time in my youth, just wishing to be older. Now, I want to be younger, but it's too late..." -Alissa Lopez
"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?" -Satchel Paige 
"Remember being that little sweet 5 year old, the one wanting to be 6? Remember being 6 was never good enough for you and you wanted to be 12? Then when you were twelve, all you could think of was being 16 and driving! Free on the road! Now that you got your wish, you want to be young again. You wish you could take back your wish and go back to being that little 5 year old. When life was easy, and everything was fascinating and learning was the best thing. When you could actually count on all your friends. But you can't go back, you're stuck with growing up..." -Alissa Lopez
"I'm just an immature little kid. I'm a 5 year old trapped in a 14 year old girls' body. I still drink chocolate milk with a straw and get yelled at for making bubbles. I sing when I walk down the street. I'm always the first one to run out to the ice cream in the summer time. I still pee with the door open and dance to the sound of the shower. I run to my sister's room when it's time to go to bed and ask her to tell me a story. I still believe in the tooth fairy. My favorite holiday is Christmas and I stay up extra late to see if I can catch a glimpse of Santa. I still hop around my neighborhood, handing out Easter eggs and pretending I'm the Easter Bunny. I sleep with my blankie and Barney every night. My rubber ducky still keeps me company in the shower. When it rains, I run outside in the mud. Electricity plugs still fascinate me. Catching lightning bugs outside marks the start of the summer for me and my little sister. I still run around the house with underwear on my head. Socks and flip-flops are still a major 'fashion yes!' Skimpy shorts and tank tops don't interest me, I'd rather be wearing my Sponge-Bob Square Pants t-shirt. Growing up...is for nerds." -Unknown
"You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair." -Douglas MacArthur
 "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional." -Chili Davis
"I was wrong to grow older. Pity. I was so happy as a child." -Antoine de Saint Exupery
"Youth is a disease from which we all recover." Dorothy Fulheim

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thank you so much, However I am encountering difficulties with your RSS.

    I don't understand the reason why I am unable
    to join it. Is there anybody else having identical RSS problems?
    Anybody who knows the solution will you kindly respond?

    Thanks!!

    Here is my homepage; walt disney quotes

    ReplyDelete