Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Just be yourself.

I have heard SO many quotes about being yourself. Some of you may not know this, but I used to pretend to be something I wasn't. I had a group of friends who I thought wouldn't like me if I wasn't like them...so I changed. I started doing things, (not bad things) that I wouldn't have done. I was becoming something totally opposite from myself. I hated when my family would tell how I changed or how even some of my real friends told me I was different. It hurt, because I knew it was true. Finally one day, a friend of mine said, "You know, I never hang out with you anymore because you are so different." I had enough, and when I went home that day I found this quote: "Be your own kind of beautiful." I broke down into tears, and knew things HAD to change. I started becoming the person I really was and I felt good about myself. I will say this, there are still things that I am working on because of what I did. It really leaves a mark on you. But I'm getting there and things are getting better. I know it's hard...I mean I've been through all that, but I know that you have the power in you to just be yourself. :) Good luck on that...here's some quotes for ya! Enjoy!
1.) "Be your own kind of beautiful."
2.) "In a world where you can be anything...BE YOURSELF!"
3.) "It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." -E.E. Cummings
4.) "Be who you really are. Do not change for anyone, and always, always dream big enough to achieve." -Unknown
5.) "It is better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for something you are not." -Unknown
6.) "You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
7.) "If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise."
8.) "Be yourself. Because everybody else is taken."
9.) "They laugh at me because I am different but I laugh at them because they are all the same."
10.) "There is just one life for each of us: our own" -Euripides

1 comment: