Saturday, July 30, 2011

Home, Sweet, Home

Hey! I'm back. I don't know if that's a good thing, or a bad thing...but I'm back and it's good for me! :D So, camp was amazing! I loved it so much! Probably the worst thing up there was the bugs! They were so annoying! You would think flies would not stick on you! My leader had a fly on her finger and was shaking it and blowing it, but that thing wouldn't get off her finger! It was insane! Oh, with all the girls that we're up there (at least this happened in my ward), with all the bugs, there was a TON of screaming going on! Myself included...mostly me and this other girl. :D Haha! I was washing my hair in the spigot up there, just minding my own business, when a HUGE something flew on to my shoulder. I only saw it from the corner of my eye and its antennas were HUGE! I freaked out! I ran screaming, with shampoo in my hair (or conditioner...not sure). :D
The saddest thing that happened there was poor Chester! Chester was a innocent little chipmunk (or squirrel to some). Gabby and I discovered him our 2nd day up there. It had rained the night before, so we had no fire that night. Well, the buckets of water that we use to put out the fire was left out there unused, since there was no fire. Poor Chester fell into the bucket, and he froze to death! How sad is that?!?! :( We had a little ceremony for him, and we buried him, even with a tombstone. So, if you ever go to Camp Shalom in the Wilderness area. Check out the area around cabins 19 and 20 (mostly 20). Look to see if the tombstone for Chester is still there. Poor little Chester. We will miss you! :( R.I.P.
 Well, let's get to some of the fun things! We had waterfront with the bishopric which was so fun. All the wards raced with each other trying to canoe as fast as possible to get little noodles (water noodles) from the water. The noodles were colored to fit the value colors for the Young Women program. (Faith[White], Divine Nature[Blue], Individual Worth[Red], Knowledge[Green], Choice and Accountability[Orange], Good Works[Yellow], Integrity[Purple], and Virtue[Gold].) Then you had to put them in the right order of the values (like the way I just put it). Well, our bishopric didn't make it up there in time, so we had to use our leaders. We were doing really good, in our own way. ;) My ward got.....3rd....TO LAST! Hahaha! :D  It was so fun though! I loved it!
Our last night up there was AMAZING! We had testimony night and man! Wow, there was a lot of feelings! I cried so hard! I have NEVER felt the spirit that strong before! It was crazy! One of the girls who said her testimony before me, really made me cry. Well, I was in the middle of my testimony and I found out that I had made her cry. All of us were crying that night. I couldn't believe it! It was so crazy! After we were all done, we all got up and started hugging. We've never done that before, but we just felt like we had to I guess. My friend, April and I hugged, and the whole time we were hugging we were both bawling our eyes out! The spirit was so strong, I was blown away.
After our testimony meeting was all done, and we all finished hugging, we got glow sticks. Huge glow sticks. When we went to bed, 3 (out of 5) of the girls upstairs wanted to cut the glow sticks and fling them around up there. While I was hiding under my sleeping bag (I'm deathly afraid of glow sticks, well when they're cut...there's a background story to why), the other girls (mainly Gabby) were flinging the glow sticks glowyness all around the upstairs loft in the cabin. It looked so cool after it was finished. It was amazing! I loved it. Parts of the floor looked like glass. It was so pretty, it was like having stars inside the cabin. The downside to it, was the smell. Uh, that horrid smell! It was so hard to fall asleep to it, so I fell asleep inside my sleeping bag. During the night, I needed some air, so I lifted my head out of the sleeping bag and wanted to gag when I did. The smell was still lingering on! It stunk so bad, but looked so pretty.
All in all, I LOVED GIRLS CAMP! There was so much that happened and it was so much fun. I loved getting to know all the new girls and it was amazing. :) So, here are some weird quotes said up there. :)
"You can have peanut butter and jelly [for dinner]." -One of the leaders
"We are happy, happy campers. And we always get along!" -Julie
"We love our flushies. We're grateful for our flushies (then swirl downwards while making a flushing noise)." -
-Zoe
"It goes on for an eternity....and a half!" -Ari
"Aw! There's your cute dimples!" -Alissa (There were many variations of this...and it's an inside joke.)
*burp* "I guess I'll have to take that medallion back!" -Bishop Sperry
Sis. Harris: "What's that your working on?" Alissa: "Schoolwork." Sis. Harris: "Oh, schoolwork...SCHOOLWORK?!?!"
"What would Taylor do if he was lost? Because HE IS!!!" YCL's (It was a cutout board of Taylor Lautner for our evening news. He was stolen.)
There were tons more I could have quoted...but looking at the time...and how I feel (tired). I decided to leave ya with what I've done. Once again, it was loads of fun, but I'm glad to be back! :D

3 comments: